Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Challenge 3, The Rules

Now that Unplugged is over, it is on to the third and final (as of now) challenge- Thirty Books in 30 Days. I have the month of June to read thirty books, which might not seem too hard since there are lots of easy books out there. Hence why I have come up with the following rules:
  • The books will all be new, as in I've never read them before. It's way too easy while rereading to skip or skim through parts you don't care for or find boring.
  • The books must be at least 200 pages. And the font can't be huge. And there can't be a thousand pictures. I want this challenge to be... a challenge.
  • The books must be age-appropriate. No children's books, picture books, books marked ages 8-12. Some young adult books are allowed, as long as they're talking about young ADULT (as in mature topics/writing, not mature content), not ages 13-17.
  • I can't lose sleep over this. At 11:30 pm every night (except Fridays), it doesn't matter where I am in the book or how agonizing the cliffhanger is, I will put it down and go to sleep. Since I don't have anything on Saturdays, I can stay up a little later the night before.
  • I will update my blog regularly. Not only will I review all the books I read in May, I will also stay up-to-date with the books I'm reading in June. So I'm thinking that at least once a week, as soon as I've finished my May reviews, I will post concise reviews of the June books.
  • I will read at least 6 books from my already long TBR list. There's no sense in getting all new books when I already have so many at home that need to be read.
And that's about it. I'm very interested to see if I can accomplish this. I've always been a fast reader, but now I'll actually get to test my speed. There will also be some other obstacles to overcome. For example, today is day one, and instead of starting on my reviews or my reading, I will be going to a friend's house to scrapbook. And this weekend, I will be camping. So there are already some hurdles to get over, but I'm confident that I will be able to succeed. I think I will start with a Georgette Heyer novel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.