Friday, February 14, 2014

For When I'm Feeling: Hungry

I really think I should have saved my first topic for this feature (Cold) for this week, since yesterday, my town got 2 feet of snow dumped on it.  Shoveling that was just awful.  And then I thought I'd do something like "Romantic" for Valentine's Day, but this week's Top Ten Tuesday was too close to that.  So I thought about my typical V-Days and how I spend every February 14th treating myself to an awesome & delicious meal.  Which led me to today's topic for my new feature.

Hungry!

I am an unashamed food-lover.  And there are so many books and movies that are centered on food, or have food as a big part of it.

Books

Movies
  • Eat, Pray, Love
    • Favorite quote: "I'm in love. I am having a relationship with my pizza."
  • Under the Tuscan Sun
    • "Ice cream changed my fate."
  • Chocolat
    • (About chocolate seashells) "And it *melts*, God forgive me, it melts every so slowly on your tongue, it tortures you with pleasure."
  • No Reservations
    • "I wish there was a cookbook for life, you know? Recipes telling us exactly what to do."
And those are the movies and books that I turn to when hungry.  Which then of course only make me more hungry.  Any suggestions for other yummy books or movies I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.