Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: The Best of 2013


It's the end of 2013, and to celebrate it, Top Ten Tuesday is all about the best books read this year.  I read so many good books, but there were some that were so much better than all the rest.

The Top Ten Books I Read in 2013


  • The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
    • I read both this and Girl of Fire and Thorns this year, and they were amazing.  (I still haven't gotten to the third book; what's wrong with me?)  I love the characters (especially Hector), the vivid descriptions, and the storyline.
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
    • This is one of those books that I can't believe I didn't read until this month.  It was so good!  I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book.
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
    • This book is beautifully written.  Stiefvater's writing is so good that the story could have been terrible, and I still would have liked it.  Fortunately the story was also great, so this book was a gem.
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
    • Another book I cannot believe I didn't read til this year.  I'm still not too sure about the movie version coming out in March though.
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
    • I loved Cinder, but Scarlet is even better than the first book.  And people keep saying that Cress is even better than that.  I'm so jealous of all you people who've read it already.  February 4th can't get here soon enough.
  • Splintered by A.G. Howard
    • Alice in Wonderland retellings are always so much fun, and this one is one of my favorites.  The writing, the descriptions - Wonderland came to life in this book.
  • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    • One of the most romantic books I read this year for sure.  I'm totally in love with Perry.  I just got swept away into this book.  And it was so awesome meeting Veronica Rossi, who is such a cool person.
  • The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer
    • And now for the funniest, laugh-out-loud book of the year.  I really was literally laughing out loud while reading this book.  I love Heyer's regency romances because they're usually witty and sarcastic and fun, but this one is probably the absolute best when it comes to witty banter.
  • Amber House by Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed & Larkin Reed
    • I loved how different this book was.  I don't usually read paranormal books, so I didn't really think I'd like this.  But I loved it!
  • Legend by Marie Lu (and Prodigy too)
    • And last but certainly not least, Legend and Prodigy were such great books.  Great characters, lots of action and adventure, and a heart-wrenching cliffhanger.  I seriously need to pick up Champion to see what happens to Day and June.
And those are my personal favorite reads from this year.  How about you?  Have you read any of these?  Did you like them too?  I'd love to know!

10 comments:

  1. Splintered!! Keep hearing great things about it. Will pick it up next year (lol)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choices! I just read The Girl of Fire and Thorns series this year too. You will love the last book. It's so good. :) I just read Legend last week so I'm excited to finish that series.

    Happy reading in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read that last book. And I'm glad you liked Legend. The story gets even better in Prodigy.

      Delete
  3. I also read Divergent this year. Loved it and should have read it much sooner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved it too. I finally picked up Allegiant this past Saturday, and I can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love Stiefvater, and I only read The Scorpio Races this year. The book was catapulted to the top of my favourite books by her.

    Scarlet was amazing, I can't wait for the release of Cress this year (I almost wrote next year, how weird!).

    And Throne of Glass is great too. I hope you get to read Crown of Midnight soon, it's absolutely brilliant as well.

    Happy new year!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so psyched for Cress, and Crown of Midnight is definitely one of my top priorities for 2014.

      Delete
  5. Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. I really want to read the Lunar Chronicles, have heard nothing but good things about that series. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt like this was an awesome year for books, and there were so many more I could have added to this list. I hope you read the Lunar Chronicles soon and love it as much as I do.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.