Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Personal Update - August 27th

A few days ago, I said that I was expecting to have my wisdom teeth removed within the next few weeks.  But things never turn out the way you plan.  When I explained to the oral surgeon that my family was leaving over the weekend for a two-week vacation so I wasn't sure when I'd be able to make the appointment for the actual surgery, he decided that the best thing to do was perform the surgery that afternoon.  Which meant I had to figure out who was coming to pick me up because my family was in NYC that day, and who was going to pick up my brother since we commute together.  It all worked out in the end, and all four of my wisdom teeth were removed that afternoon.

What this meant was that Friday afternoon, Saturday, and part of Sunday were spent dozing through TV shows and movies. And because I spent so much time passed out, I'm really behind on both my reading and blogging.  I will eventually get caught up again, but it'll probably mean that I'll either be posting like a fiend over the next few days, or I'm just going to post things late (like my Top Ten Tuesday might not get posted til Thursday).

So that's the latest with me.  I'm finally past all the pain and puffiness, and am now playing catch-up.  Things I hope to accomplish now:

  • Book Blogger Hop from August 23rd
  • This week's Top Ten Tuesday
  • Finish and review The Lost Kingdom by Matthew Kirby
  • Update my TBR list and blog page.
  • Promote my first-ever giveaway, ending this Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dental ordeal, but glad the pain and puffiness is over now.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm super glad too. I still can't eat anything too crunchy, but it shouldn't be much longer.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.