Tuesday, May 28, 2013

BEA is Coming!

BEA is tomorrow... TOMORROW!  I still cannot believe that time moved so quickly, and now BEA is actually here.  I am so psyched for these next few days!  It's my first time at BEA, so part of me feels really nervous and a little overwhelmed, but a bigger part of me is just super-happy.

What I'm Psyched for at BEA 2013

  • Meeting my fellow book bloggers
    • I cannot wait to meet all of you out there in the book-blogging world.  It will be so much fun to actually talk face-to-face, and not just in comments.
  • Meeting some authors
    • I have no idea which ones I'll actually get to meet (I didn't know you had to buy tickets for certain "celebrity" authors), but even if I just get to meet one, I'll be doing a happy dance inside for months.
  • Friday's Author Breakfast
    • When I decided to get a ticket for the breakfast, the only author I knew for sure was going to be there was Veronica Roth.  I was on her blog, and her calendar said she'd be there.  So I went to the website to sign up, and OMG!  Rick Riordan's going to be there too!  I love everything he's written and I'm SO psyched to see him.
  • Meeting publishers
    • Has anyone else been contacted by a bunch of publishers/bookish people?  I was really surprised to hear from anyone, but I've scheduled at least one meet with a publishing group.  And I'm excited to meet some of the others because... I'm hoping to promote myself.  Please, PLEASE hire me!
  • FREE Books!
    • I honestly had no idea people got free books at BEA, until I was reading someone else's blog about BEA 2012, and she said she went home with bags of free books.  I was definitely not prepared for that.  I mean, I was already pumped to go, but this is just the icing on the cake!

In case any of you read this before tomorrow, I'm including a more recent photo of me.  It's from March so my hair is different now (much shorter) and I'm ten pounds lighter than I was then, but it'll still give you a good idea of what I look like.  That's me on the right in black, hanging out with my two best friends for their birthdays.  So if you see me there, feel free to say hello!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.