Saturday, March 2, 2013

Random Thoughts - March 2nd


So I know I was originally going to read Pure today, and write a review, and then start The Scorpio Races (as well as clean, do laundry, run to the bank, etc). But something happened today to ruin all that.  Two people completed screwed up my plans to be productive and accomplish something, and their names are Hank and John Green.

I thought by giving up TV for Lent (along with bacon and Bejeweled Blitz), I would be giving myself more time to focus on reading and blogging.  Instead, my TV watching has simply been replaced by vlogs.  With all this free time available, I decided to catch up on the Brotherhood 2.0/Nerdfighter/Vlogbrother obsession by watching the Green brothers' videos, starting from the very beginning- January 2007.  I told myself I would watch a "few" videos a day so I'd still have plenty of time to read too.  Yeah, right!


Instead of reading today, I watched the Brotherhood 2.0 archives from May to October (and browsed Ikea's website to furnish a semi-imaginary apartment, but that's a different story).  It certainly didn't help that I disliked the little that I have read of Pure so far, or that ever since we got a new router (go Netgear!), my iPod stays connected to the internet so I can now actually watch YouTube videos on it.  It also didn't help that the Green brothers are just so... awesome!  Witty, smart, outspoken, goofy- what's not to love?  Of course, I don't always agree with their political opinions (about which they're very vocal), but they talk about them very intelligently and with only a little jabbing at the opposite party, so that even if I don't agree, I'm able to respect their opinions.

It's just so easy to get caught up in the videos without realizing how much time has passed.  Or I keep telling myself that the next video will be the last, over and over again.  This is most definitely not good.  I have a TBR list that keeps growing, and books that need to be returned to the library, and errands to run, and excersise workouts to start, and a sleep-deprived body to put to bed.  So much to do!  And yet...

It's not midnight yet, so I can watch a couple more videos before bed.  Just a couple, I swear... maybe a few... there's even time for several.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I'll probably finish the 2007 archives tonight and hate myself in the morning.  To my fellow nerdfighters - DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.