Friday, February 1, 2013

Official Riordan Crossover

Rick Riordan has written an official crossover of the Kane Chronicles and Percy Jackson!  **happy dance**

One of my favorite things in the Kane Chronicles were the little mentions here and there that hinted at Percy and the Olympians.  Like in The Throne of Fire, Carter swears he sees a pegasus.  Or in The Red Pyramid, when Amos tells Carter & Sadie to stay out of Manhattan because it has its own gods.  I kept hoping there would be a moment where they met, or that maybe the final book of both series would combine.  So when I read on Entertainment Weekly's website that Riordan was going to do a crossover, it took all my self-control not to SQUEE (I don't think my coworkers would appreciate it).

Read the EW article here, or below:


Rick Riordan announces 'Percy Jackson', 'Kane Chronicles' Crossover
by Tara Fowler, Entertainment Weekly

Rick Riordan fans, the impossible is finally coming true. The author has written a crossover story featuring both Carter Kane and Percy Jackson!

Titled “The Son of Sobek,” the short will be published as part of the paperback edition of Riordan’s third installment of the Kane Chronicles, The Serpent’s Shadow. “There are a lot of gods and a lot of characters in my books,” Riordan told Publisher’s Weekly. “I picked two that I know very well. Percy and Carter are my touchstones.”

The author also addressed the news on his blog, explaining why now is the perfect time to give fans what they’ve been clamoring for. “My publisher Disney-Hyperion was looking for something fun to add to the paperback version of The Serpent’s Shadow … something to encourage folks who haven’t yet tried the Kane Chronicles to pick up the series. I decided what the heck. Let’s throw Carter and Percy together in a Greek-Egyptian dilemma and see what happens. The result was SO much fun to write.”

But what if you already own the hardcover edition of The Serpent’s Shadow? Don’t worry! “The Son of Sobek” will also be available to purchase separately. “Disney will be releasing it a little later in the summer as an e-single and audio, read by yours truly — the first time I’ve ever narrated the entire audio for my own story,” Riordan revealed. “The e-single will be priced accordingly, and I hope you find the adventure worth it. I certainly had a blast mixing up the Egyptian and Greek worlds.”
“The Son of Sobek” hits shelves with The Serpent’s Shadow on May 7.

Are you excited to see Percy and Carter meet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.