Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Finds - February 1st

FRIDAY FINDS is hosted by Should Be Reading and showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (They're not necessarily books you purchased.)

Here are this week's finds (I was too lazy to include cover art this week):
  • Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne  -  A post-apocalyptic novel about a group of kids trying to survive on their own.  Sounds pretty cool.
  • Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox  -  A girl stumbles on a valley filled with children who can do magic, and it turns out she can do it too.  While it's not really an original premise, I still think it could be interesting.
  • Tides by Betsy Cornwell  -  I love mythology retellings, especially myths that aren't popular or well-known.  This book deals with selkie folklore, which I don't know a lot about, so I'm definitely intrigued.
  • Seeking Persephone by Sarah Eden  -  Technically this is historical fiction, but it's following the same storyline as the Hades/Persephone myth.  And that's my favorite myth, so I'll absolutely be picking up this book soon.
  • The Wicked & the Just by J. Anderson Coats  -  A historical fiction novel focusing on both the privileged and the servants set in the 13th century.  Sounds like a medieval Downton Abbey.
  • The Son of Sobek by Rick Riordan  -  I'm geeking out so much over this book!  A crossover of Riordan's two mythology series, The Kane Chronicles and The Olympians.  Cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.