Monday, June 14, 2010

Challenge 3, Day 14

So my challenge is failing miserably.  Normally, by day 14, I would have had so many books read.  Unfortunately, the month is almost halfway done, and I've only read three books.  That's terrible!  And of course, my reason for falling so far behind.... dun dun dun duuuunnnn... TV, DVDs, computer games, Netflix.  All of the things I separated myself from last month-- I have succumbed to them once again.  Yesterday is an amazing example of this.  I had hours free to read the books I just got out of the library, and instead spent several of those free hours watching Say Yes to the Dress.  (Love that show!)  And then there's all the shows currently on right now.  Yes, Castle and Glee are over until next season (**sniff**), but now Lie to Me has returned, and Leverage is coming back, and there are some really interesting new shows starting up (Covert Affairs, Rubicon).  And we can't forget the Jane Austen/Shakespeare/fairy-tale adaptations that my sister and I are watching.  On Saturday, we watched Mansfield Park (the 1999 version) and the newest BBC miniseries, Emma (which I completely forgot to review so that will be coming up soon too).  Now we're both in a Jane Austen mood, and my Netflix queue is packed with Austen adaptations all begging to be watched.

This is going to be a very interesting month.  If I can't find a way to budget my time, so that I can read, watch TV, and update this blog, then this challenge will be a failure before it's even over.  I feel like I should have waited to start this challenge, rather than rush into it right after I finished the second challenge.  Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.