Monday, April 26, 2010

What a disappointment

Title: Planet 51
Format: DVD/Netflix
Category: Family/Science Fiction/Animated
Rating: D

I'm not writing much of a review on this movie because frankly, it doesn't deserve one.

Description (from IMDB.com): American astronaut Captain Charles "Chuck" Baker lands on Planet 51 thinking he's the first person to step foot on it. To his surprise, he finds that this planet is inhabited by little green people who are happily living in a white picket fence world, and whose only fear is that it will be overrun by alien invaders...like Chuck!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This movie was so disappointing. I was expecting something I could watch with my little sister, and instead ended up watching this by myself because there was just too much innuendo. I'm so sick of movies that are promoted as family-friendly, when they only mean some of the family. Besides the innuendo, the dialogue left much to be desired, especially Chuck's. And his character was incredibly cheesy and dumb. I know they wanted it to be "silly," but it came off annoying. This whole movie could have been made better. D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.