Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm still alive, I swear!

So it's been way too long since I last posted anything. With NaNoWriMo, my job, and of course, the holidays, I completely forgot to update through November and December. (I have no excuse for January, except laziness and the very distracting addictinggames.com.)

Update on NaNoWriMo- it was a flop. I liked my story until I had to actually write it. And to make matters worse, some serious job drama came up, and I let that distract me from everything. So I ended up writing only about a thousand words for the entire month (pathetic). But that doesn't mean something good didn't come out of this. The weekend before the deadline, I was visiting my grandparents for Thanksgiving, and I decided to put aside my pathetic excuse for a story and start anew. In only a few hours, I wrote more than I'd written all month. I can only think of two reasons for this:
  1. I wasn't feeling pressured to get the story done for a deadline.
  2. This new story is a pet project of mine that I've been working on for years but was always too scared I'd screw it up to write it down.
So now I have to work on that story, and it's coming together little by little.

I'm also very saddened by the fact that I really didn't read much of anything these past few months. Watched plenty, but didn't read. Netflix has sucked me in, plus all those new TV shows and movies I got for Christmas. So another goal I must set myself is to read more.

There are a lot of movies and TV shows that will need to be reviewed. Too many in fact. It looks like these coming weeks will be all about the 50-word reviews. Which are soooo challenging, but rewarding. In order to say everything you want in such a limited form, you push yourself to be wiser with word choices and to cut out unnecessary fluff (which I love).

List of movies that need to be reviewed:
  1. The House Bunny
  2. Ballet Shoes
  3. Pushing Daisies Seasons 1 & 2
  4. The Fabulous Baker Boys
  5. Extremely Dangerous
  6. Twelfth Night
  7. Glee
  8. V
  9. Lie to Me
  10. Castle Season 1
  11. Firefly
  12. Wimbledon
  13. Julie & Julia
  14. Reign Of Fire
I think there are more, but I can't remember them, since they're not on my Netflix account. So much to do, and plenty of time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.