Monday, September 9, 2013

Update & Reading List- September 9th

So I kind of disappeared from the blogosphere for about a week, but this picture sums up what each day at work was like this past week:


And this is what it was like each night when I got home and tried to read:


I pretty much accomplished zero reading this past week.  I did get the house cleaned and my sister off to college, but when it was all done, I had neither the energy nor the enthusiasm to read or update my blog.  However, I'm hoping that this week I will get back on track with updates and reviews (which means actually reading something so I can do reviews).  My reading list for this week is currently:

  • Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
    • There are three reasons I'm going to read this book.  First, my sister's reading the book for college, so I thought I'd read it too, and we could discuss it.  Second, it's C.S. Lewis, and I love him.  But I've read very little of his books beyond Narnia and the Space trilogy.  Third, it's a mythology retelling, and I am ALWAYS excited for that genre.  Cannot wait!
  • The Lost Kingdom by Matthew J. Kirby
    • I've been meaning to read this for a while.  It's the book I kept trying to read this past week but kept falling asleep.  Not because of the book though; just because I was burned out from work.
  • Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas
    • I'm actually about halfway done with this book.  I started it last month, got distracted by other books, and never finished it.
  • When In Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison
    • I don't usually love chick-lit, but this one is focused on food and cooking, which I love.  So I'm giving this book a chance, and I'm hoping it turns out great.
  • A Re-read.  
    • Not sure which book I will be re-reading yet, but I always find that when coming out of a reading slump or when just needing to find an energy boost, re-reading an old favorite is the perfect solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.