Sunday, August 11, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

Jamie, from the Perpetual Page-Turner, always has the coolest, most creative posts.  Her most recent was an awesome bookish survey she created.  And of course, I couldn't wait to do it for myself.  (Check out Jamie's answers here.)



A
uthor you’ve read the most books from:
According to goodreads, it's Georgette Heyer.  But I still haven't marked off all the books I've ever read, and I think I may have read more books by Janette Oke (I went through a phase in high school and read pretty much nothing but her books for months).

Best Sequel Ever:

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.  I think Cinder is amazing, but the sequel surpasses it.  The addition of Scarlet and Wolf was perfect, and I loved them.

Currently Reading:

Drink of Choice While Reading:

When I actually remember to eat or drink while reading, I drink tea.  I think there's nothing better than a cup of tea with my book.

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical books all the way.  I will only read a book with an e-reader if there is absolutely no other option.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Based solely on the Heroes of Olympus series, I would totally have dated Percy Jackson in high school.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  I didn't think I'd like this book after the Twilight ridiculousness, but it's so good.

Hidden Gem Book:

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

There are so many good ones, but I'm going to pick one of the first ones.  My fifth grade teacher is one of the main people who helped me discover my love of reading.  She read to us aloud in class, and she suggested I read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, which I fell in love with.

Just Finished:

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I read most every genres, but I don't like to read horror or erotica.  I also avoid graphic violence or books where kids get abused.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Major book hangover because of:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  So many tears, so many feels.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Five actual bookcases and three wall shelves, as well as my desk, wardrobe, and tv stand.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I'm a major re-reader so I've read almost all of my books multiple times.  But most recently I re-read Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones for the umpteenth time.

Preferred Place To Read:

I mostly read in bed, because it's the only place I can read that's quiet.  But I wish I had a big comfy armchair or a window seat to curl up in.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once" from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Reading Regret:

A regret?  I guess my biggest regret is that I let a reading slump I was stuck in last for almost a year.  I wasted so much time watching TV and not reading, and now I feel like I'm playing catch-up with all the series and books out there.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

There are several, but the series that I've had sitting on my shelf the longest, unfinished is The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Tolkien.  I love everything Tolkien-related.  His books, the movies, the games... everything.  I even had a Lord of the Rings fansite in high school.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

There's quite a few I'm really excited about but the top three are The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson, Allegiant by Veronica Roth, and The House of Hades by Rick Riordan.

Worst Bookish Habit:

My worst habit is probably not returning my library books on time.  I'm always paying late fees.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Triss by Brian Jacques (Redwall #15).

Your latest book purchase:

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.