Sunday, July 14, 2013

15-Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 7

Today is day 7 of April's Book Blogger Challenge.  For more info or to participate, check out her website, Good Books and Good Wine.


Day 7 - Blogging Quirks

  • I use the words "so" and "really" a lot.  That's how I tend to talk, and it comes across in my writing too.  I sometimes make the effort to not use them so much, or I'll even go back and edit them out once I've finished the post.
  • I feel super guilty if more than one day goes by without posting in my blog... which means I feel guilty all the time.  I'm trying to get over this, because honestly, no one wants to read a crappy post that I just threw together in order to avoid feeling guilty.
  • Procrastination and I have this love-hate relationship when it comes to review posts.  Sometimes I'll put off reviewing a book, and then I don't remember everything I liked or disliked about it.  And that ends up leading to a short, rather blah review.  But sometimes, I just don't care.
  • I had to change my rating system because my original one was too confusing.  So now I rate things on a scale of 1 to 5 cupcakes.... yes, cupcakes.  Why?  Because besides reading, I love to bake.  Especially cupcakes.
  • I used to hate coming up with a title for every post, but now I don't have a problem with it.  When I first started blogging, I felt like I needed to come up with a witty title for each post, and that just got old.  Then, I stopped using titles altogether, which actually made things more difficult.  Now I'm back to giving my posts titles, but they're all generic ones like "Book Review...".
  • Recently, I've started discussing what I'm going to write in my reviews with my coworker.  And as I'm talking to him, occasionally my rating will change the more I talk about it, as I realize that there were more flaws or more awesome things than I originally thought.
And that's it.  Or at least, those are all the ones I can think of.  Do you have any blogging quirks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.