Tuesday, July 9, 2013

15-Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 2



It's day 2 of April's 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge.  It's a great challenge that I would definitely encourage my fellow book bloggers to participate in.

Day 2 - Bedtime Reading Ritual

I've never really thought about it, but I guess I do have a bit of a ritual when it comes to reading books in bed.
  • First, I have to get everything else done and out of the way.  Brushing my teeth, washing my face, getting into my super-comfy PJs, checking email/twitter/facebook/bloglovin... I get all that stuff taken care of, so I don't fall asleep without it being done.
  • Second, I make a ginormous pile of pillows for a backrest.  My bed's up against my wall lengthwise (like a daybed), and there's no headboard/sideboard(?) to lean against.  So I take every pillow I own, pile them on top of each other, and use them as a rather unstable backrest that usually has to be readjusted several times during the night.
  • Third, I get under the covers... no matter what the temperature is.  My bedroom could be really warm, and I will still get under at least a sheet because I cannot read in bed without being under some form of cover.  (Even when it's the middle of the day, and I'm on the couch in the family room, I have to be under a throw blanket while reading.)
  • Finally, I read and read and read until I either finish the book or force myself to put it down.  Whichever it is, it's usually super-late... or super-early, depending on how you look at it.  And then a few hours later, getting out of bed and going to work is like this...

And that's my bedtime reading ritual.  How about you?  Do you follow a pattern with your bedtime reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.