Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #16


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is the top ten books you just HAD to buy... but are still sitting on your bookshelf unread.  I thought that this would be such an easy topic.  After all, I just need to look through the books on my bookshelves, but almost all my books are currently packed up because I'm in the (very long) process of painting my room.  So I chose the books that I could remember off the top of my head.

Top Ten Books I HAD to Buy... but Still Haven't Read Yet
  • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale  -  I loved Austenland, so when I heard that Hale was writing another book, I pre-ordered it and couldn't wait to read it.  And I haven't touched it since it came.  I just got distracted by lots of other books and series.
  • The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore  -  I really like the Lorien Legacies series, but this has happened with all three of the books.  Each time I bought one, it sat on my shelf for ages before I finally read it.  I don't know why.  It's just a weird pattern.
  • Crossed and Reached by Ally Condie  -  As soon as I finished Matched, I told my dad, "You have to order these for me now" (he works for the publisher).  But I've just been distracted, and now Crossed is packed up somewhere while I paint.
  • North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell  -  So my motivation for picking this book up was simply because I loved the miniseries, and I loved the miniseries simply because Richard Armitage.
  • The Woman in Black by Susan Hill  -  I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie, but I never saw the movie or read the book.  I chickened out of both.
  • Inheritance by Christopher Paolini  -  I couldn't wait for the finale of the Inheritance Cycle, and when I got this book, I immediately started to read it... only to discover that it had been so long since I read the earlier books, I had no idea what was going on anymore.  So the final book has to wait until I have enough time to reread the first three (ginormous) books.
  • Sapphique by Catherine Fisher  -  I ordered this book while I was still in the middle of Incarceron, because I was loving that first book so much.  And then I lost the book for about a year.
  • A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick  -  I went through this phase where I was reading all of Dick's short stories, so I picked up a couple of his books too.  But after reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and thinking it was really weird, I decided to put A Scanner Darkly on hold.
  • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi  -  So this book hasn't been sitting on my shelf for that long, but it's definitely one that fits here.  Lots of bloggers built up a lot of hype for this series, and I was dying to read it.  I ordered it with a bunch of other books and decided to save the best for last.  And then I ordered more books, and then I went to the library, and so the book is still sitting there, waiting until I finish everything else.

1 comment:

  1. I loved INCARCERON, too, but still haven't read SAPPHIQUE. Ditto with CROSSED and REACHED. One of these days I'll get to them all. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.