Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #12


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is top ten characters in X genre.  But which genre to choose?  I'm very sure I can think of way more than 10 characters for fantasy.  And part of me wishes that I read more contemporary YA just because I want to talk about Augustus Waters!  But instead, I'm going to go with my new favorite genre- Dystopian.

Top Ten Characters from the Dystopian genre
  1. Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games)  -  Team Peeta!  Honestly, he's half the reason I read the trilogy.  Strong, supportive, and sweet, he's the perfect balance to Katniss's hard-edged personality.
  2. America Singer (The Selection)  -  I love America because she's straightforward and honest and independent.  She's also very compassionate and thinks of those around her first, even during scary situations.
  3. Leon Grey (Birthmarked)  -  I'm so in love with Leon!  He's strong, confident, and sexy, as well as a little rough around the edges.  Plus, he sacrifices his freedom to help Gaia, and then goes through hell just to be with her again.  Super romantic!
  4. Gaia Stone (Birthmarked)  -  Gaia is a great character because she's not afraid to stand up for her beliefs or for her family.  At one point, she seems to lose her way for a bit, but she eventually finds herself again and grows more as a character.
  5. Four/Tobias Eaton (Divergent)  -  I think I love Tobias for almost all the same reasons that I love Leon, with the added advantage of having sexy knife-throwing skills.
  6. Tris Prior (Divergent)  -  At first, I didn't really like Tris, but as her character grew in the book, I started to like her more and more.  You can see both her strength and her vulnerability as she adjusts to a completely new lifestyle.  And she's great for Tobias because she's strong where he's weak, and vice-versa.
  7. Day/Daniel Altan Wing (Legend)  -  My main reason for loving Day is his obvious love for his family and friends.  He's willing to go to extreme lengths, practically killing himself in the process, to protect his little brother and his traveling companion.
  8. Nick, Cas, Trev, & Sam (Altered)  -  So I really love these characters as a unit, rather than individually (although each one is pretty awesome on his own too).  Each guy has a unique personality and set of skills that they bring to their group, and their differences balance each other out and make them a great team.
  9. Ky Markham (Matched)  -  Ky is so intriguing I can't blame Cassia for being drawn to him.  He's sweet, dependable, and completely trustworthy.  He has all the qualities of the boy-next-door with some quiet mysterious thrown in.
  10. Guy Montag (Fahrenheit 451)  -  Guy's emotional journey and personal growth make an amazing read.  You can feel his inner conflict as he struggles with the book-burning society he's a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.