Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Title:  The Lost Hero
Author:  Rick Riordan
Format:  Hardcover
Pages:  576
Genre:  Fantasy/Young adult/Children's
Series #:  1 of ??
Read:  2010

Rating:  A+

Description (from BN.com):  After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.


Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I really wish I'd written this review right after reading this book, because I had so much to say in praise of this opener of Rick Riordan's newest Greek mythology series (Heroes of Olympus).  Unfortunately, I waited until now, and can't remember everything I wanted to write.

The Lost Hero introduces new characters, while including many of the originals from the Percy Jackson series.  I was really happy to see that this new series wasn't going to be completely separate from Riordan's first, because I loved Percy Jackson and wanted to see what was going to happen to him as he became an adult.  There are exciting new adventures, devious villains, and a twisted ending that left my head spinning.  I'd love to say so much more about the plot, but it's just too good to give it all away.  Let's just say that I'm practically biting my nails in anticipation for October 2011, when the second book, The Son of Neptune, is supposed to be released.  If you loved Riordan's first series, then you'll be crazy for this one.  A+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.