Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Resolutions in Review

Time to look at back at the resolutions I made and the goals I set at the beginning of 2010 to see if I accomplished any of them.

  1. Updating my blog once a week-- fail!
  2. Reading more-- I did stop wasting time on the online game sites, but I think I just substituted it with TV.  So not much improvement here.
  3. Scrapbooking--  Accomplished!
  4. Finishing a novel--  fail!
  5. Grad school application-- I can't consider this a fail, because I decided not to go.  For one thing, I found the people there unprofessional, disorganized, and mostly unhelpful.  Also, right after I sent in my incomplete application, the college introduced a new graduate program which was closer to what I'd wanted.
  6. Going to church every Sunday--  While my attendance approved this past year, it wasn't perfect.  And as far as reading my Bible once a week... I'm rather ashamed that I completely failed that one.
  7. Healthier lifestyle--  I am happy to say that I actually made a lot of improvement here... at least, until the holidays happened.  For months, I watched what I ate and how much I ate.  I took walks around the parking lot at work.  I lost 25 pounds and went down 2 pant sizes!  And then my birthday came, followed by the holidays, and now I've gained back about 6-8 of those pounds, and I'm starting at square one again.
  8. Journaling--  fail!
  9. Staying in touch with friends--  So-so.
  10. Saving money--  Fail/Accomplished.  Ok, so I failed at this because I spent exorbitant amounts of money on Christmas presents this year.  But I accomplished it too, because I set up a savings account that I've actually been putting money into.
  11. New car--  I'm actually getting one this month, because I can finally afford it.
  12. Weekend road trips-- fail!  I did go camping with my friends in June, but I didn't get to visit 95% of the places I wanted to this summer.
  13. Redecorating my room--  fail!  Do you know how expensive it is to change just a couple of elements in a room?!
  14. Teaching Certificate--  Not really a fail because I really wanted to get into grad school before getting this, and since that's on hold until I make some big decisions about programs/schools, this goal will be on hold as well.
I will be posting a review of 2010 in terms of books/movies/whatever soon, but first I have to a massive update on my blog.  I have over 50 entries to post on books, movies, scrapbooking, cooking, etc. from 2010 that I put on the back-burner during the holidays.  This should be fun... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.