Thursday, April 1, 2010

Challenge 1, Day 1

Today was the first day of my first challenge-- Script Frenzy. I have the month of April to write 100 pages of script. It doesn't sound as hard as NaNoWriMo, but it is. Mostly because I am constantly self-editing. Nitpicking at each and every little flaw I see, real or imagined. But today is only day one, and I am already doing better on this challenge than I did last November.

And why is that? Because I've actually written something! During NaNoWriMo, I majorly failed at reaching the 50,000 word goal. As a matter of fact, I only reached about 1000 words in each of the stories I started. Those 1000 words weren't written in the first day or even the first week either. I didn't really start writing until the end of the month so the project was doomed from the beginning.

Script Frenzy is going much better. I have already written three pages of my very first script, and that was while I was watching Sherlock Holmes, the Robert Downey, Jr. version. I feel so accomplished. Now, let's hope that I can stick with it, and not get sidetracked or distracted by my crazy inner-editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.