Thursday, March 4, 2010

Halfway There

I did it. I have made it halfway through the application process for grad school. I have accomplished the following:
  1. Ordered my college transcripts from my 4-year college, not community college.
  2. Filled out the FAFSA
  3. Signed up to take the GRE.
  4. Sent in the application.
There's no turning back now. I still have some more steps to go:
  1. Order my community college transcripts.
  2. Actually take the GRE next Wednesday.
  3. Ask my professors who I haven't seen in over 2 years for letters of recommendation.
  4. Write a killer statement-of-purpose essay.
I now feel only partly sick to my stomach and partly at ease. It's remarkably scary, taking this step. I got my BA in 2007, and when I didn't immediately sign up for grad school afterward, I pretty much put the idea out of my head. And now, here I am-- ready to go back to school. Back to the exams and the papers and the reading. I guess it's a good thing I like all of that.

P.S. Scrapbooking get-together tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.