Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September Library Run

So I've been reading Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Meyes since August 28th, and I still haven't finished it. I loved the movie and hoped that the book would be good, if not better. It seems that the movie just took the basic idea of the book--buying a house in Tuscany--and everything else is completely fictional. Frances Meyes wasn't renovating alone; she was there with her second husband. The Polish workers have only a short piece in the story, and all of the romantic adventures just aren't there at all. The book was so frustrating, I ordered books from the library.

  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • Beastly by Alex Flinn (which I just learned they're making into a movie with Vanessa I-Can't-Act-To-Save-My-Life Hudgens)
  • Chalice by Robin McKinley
  • Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
  • House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
I also bought Dragon Spear by Jessica Day George (as well as the other books in the series) for my sister because none of the libraries within our county have the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.