Friday, August 30, 2013

Upcoming September Releases

Lots of September books this year, and my birthday is right in the middle... so books for me!  The ones I'm wishing for the most are:


  • The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
    • I'm so excited for this book because it's about Egyptian mythology.  I love mythology retellings in general, but I tend to only read ones centered on Greek myths.  This sounds like a great book and a nice change.
  • The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
    • Fantasy is my favorite genre, especially if there's an element of magic to it.  This new series looks like a perfect match for me.
  • The 100 by Kass Morgan
    • A nice mix of sci-fi and dystopian, and it's being made into a TV show.  I'm hoping to read it before the show comes out, and fortunately it's not starting til mid-season so I have plenty of time.
  • Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
    • Like I said earlier, I love mythology retellings.  Despite reading so much Greek-based retellings, I never get tired of it.
  • Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
    • I'm a sucker for dystopian novels, even though they can drain you.  This one's very survival-oriented, set in a world where water is a rare and precious commodity, and people will kill over a small pond.
  • Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney
    • This just sounds like a cute, magical book.  It's about paintings coming to life, and a guy who falls in love with a girl trapped in a painting.
  • The Falconer by Elizabeth May
    • I don't read a lot of steampunk, even though I've enjoyed the little I have read.  This new series looks like it will be exciting and fun to read.
  • Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
    • First, it's Brandon Sanderson.  Second, it's super heroes.  That's enough for me.
  • All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
    • I actually already own the ARC of this book (thanks BEA!), and I've only been hearing good things about it from my fellow bloggers.  I'm really hoping I like it as much as they do.
  • The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
    • This is another book I already picked up at BEA, and I wasn't even going to read it originally.  The first book in the series, Raven Boys, wasn't impressing me, but then I read that last line, and I knew I HAD to read The Dream Thieves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.