Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #18


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is fictional crushes.  I actually did this topic before, on a freebie week (read it here), so instead of repeating those, I'm going to do my top ten most recent fictional crushes.  Let the crushing begin!

My Top Ten Most Recent Fictional Crushes

  1. Leon Grey from the Birthmarked trilogy -  I think I talked about him more than anything else when reviewing O'Brien's books.  He's rough around the edges, but he's great with kids, and he'd do anything for the woman he loves.
  2. Four/Tobias from Divergent -  He's so awesome!  He's strong and talented but also an idealist who holds on to his beliefs about courage and selflessness.  Plus, he's got sexy knife-throwing skills.
  3. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars -  I'm not sure I really need to explain this.  If you don't understand it, read the book (and be ready to cry) to see why Gus is one of the sweetest and funniest guys ever.
  4. Jeb from Splintered -  I love Jeb because he's the atypical hero with his lip piercings and scars and punk skater look.  He's the perfect combination of overprotective boyfriend and "bad boy".
  5. Daniel "Day" Altan Wing from Legend -  Anyone who would go above and beyond the way Day does for his family is pretty awesome.  Then you add in the fact that he's super intelligent and can climb & jump off buildings with ease, and he becomes twice as awesome.
  6. Hector from The Crown of Embers -  I started to crush on Hector in the first book of Carson's trilogy, but it was really in Crown of Embers that everyone got to see how sweet and supportive and passionate he is.
  7. Ian O'Shea from The Host -  I love Ian because he falls in love with Wanda and who she is, not with Mel's body.  He doesn't care what Wanda looks like, what body she occupies, just so long as it contains her "soul" and personality.
  8. Percy Jackson from The Mark of Athena -  I have always thought that Percy was a great character, but it wasn't until I read The Mark of Athena that I fell in love with him.  That ending just proved that he'd make the most awesome boyfriend ever.  So jealous of Annabeth!
  9. Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games trilogy -  I know he's in my original top ten crushes list, but he's still recent enough to be here.  He's strong and sweet and always there for Katniss, and he never gives up on his ideals, despite everything he goes through.
  10. Loki from Thor & The Avengers -  Ok, yes, he's from a movie, not a book, but I've been seriously crushing on him lately.  Besides being a villain (I have what my mom calls an unhealthy love for the bad guy), he's played by Tom Hiddleston, with his sexy voice and blue-green eyes.  I just want to listen to him talk all day while staring into those eyes.

5 comments:

  1. I get the cheating with Loki, he is pretty awesome, I am more of a Thor fan myself though.
    You've got a few great ones on there and a few more I need to read.
    Here's mine http://foreverdream21.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally preferred one of the brothers to Leon, at least for me.

    Hector and Ian I agree with completely.

    You'll have to pardon me while I hurl Jeb across the room, though. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Someone who else who fangirls over Loki too! :D Is he swoon-worthy or what? And yes, his eyes...

    I have Four, Augustus, and Hector on my list too! Awesome picks!

    My TTT: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-characters-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot about Leon! I really wish I could go over ten.

    My TTT: http://awesomemonica.blogspot.com/2013/04/ttt-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched The Avengers the other day. I can see the appeal of Loki, but I'm more of Stark fan. Day and Augustus are great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.